Cincinnati Tea Party candidate commitment night:
Why is Steve Christopher running for Ohio Attorney General?
- Too many elected officials have lost sight of those basic concepts espoused in the Declaration of Independence; that we as individuals have rights and that they are given to us by our Creator, not by the government. The government exists by the Consent of the Governed, and is our servant, not our master. The government is purposely limited by our Constitution.
- The government has increasingly come to exceed its authority and has begun to encroach upon the rights of its citizens. Our elected officials have come to view themselves as “elites”, who should make our decisions for us. To them, the Constitution is an obstruction. Our federal government has increasingly shown contempt for the sovereignty of Ohio, diminished our wealth, and intruded into our daily lives.
- Even as our government has begun to abuse its power toward its citizens, it has increasingly failed to perform the basic duties of prosecuting lawbreakers, especially if those lawbreakers are politically connected.
- The concept that all citizens are “Equal Before the Law” is not being enforced.
What Will Steve Christopher Do?
- Bring to the Attorney General’s office the basic beliefs, values and common sense of the average Ohioan, not of a career politician
- Execute the duties of office with integrity; Steve‘s loyalty is to the Constitution and to the People of Ohio, not to anyone else
- Preserve and Protect the US and Ohio Constitutions, and the People of Ohio, against the usurpation of power by the federal government
- Ensure “Equal Justice for All” without regard to Power, Prestige, Privilege or Political Connections
- Enforce the law, especially against those in government who abuse their power and use government resources for political advantage or personal gain
- Relentlessly root out corruption that hinders economic progress in Ohio’s inner cities
Copyright © 2013 stevechristopher.org. All Rights Reserved.
Paid for by Conservatives for Steve Christopher, Steve Christopher, Treasurer, 119 E. Crawford St., Findlay, OH 45840 419-422-7176.